Finding housing can be one of the biggest challenges for people in today’s housing market. The process can be daunting to find a home that is affordable while meeting individual needs.
Owakihi offers Housing Access Coordination to help people who are in the need of finding a first home or in the process of transitioning to a new home. Our housing access coordinator meets with people individually to provide support and assistance with the goal of finding a home a that is affordable and in a community that meets the persons needs.
Using our person-centered approaches Housing Access Coordination at Owakihi provides support before and throughout the moving process including:
- Help determining eligibility for economic support and public housing options
- Researching affordable housing options
- Assistance completing rental application, lease agreements, and meeting with landlords
- Support in developing household budgets
- Support and assistance in finding affordable housing items including furniture and other household needs
- Moving and packing assistance including finding movers and securing moving assistance vouchers
For more information on Housing Access Coordination please contact Jane Ferdowsi; firstname.lastname@example.org.