Direct Support Professionals are the backbone of our organization, they carry out our mission of helping people with disabilities live their lives in a way that is meaningful to them and as independently as possible. We are currently hiring for several part time Direct Support Professional positions to work evening and weekend hours at our various locations.
Some examples of what Direct Support Professionals may do are:
- Helping someone make and maintain friendships by role modeling positive interactions and encouraging inclusion in their local community and places of interest to them
- Teaching independent living skills such as how to keep your home clean, schedule your medical appointments, grocery shop, and budget
- Role model coping skills and assist people in learning how to address challenges in their everyday life
- Encouraging people to make choices that are meaningful to them and try new things that may be of interest to them
- Assisting people to make medical appointments, manage their medications, and lead a lifestyle that supports their best health
Qualifications and Skills
Interested applicants should have had some experience supporting individuals with disabilities, mental health diagnosis, and be experienced in using positive interventions and deescalation techniques. Staff should have their own vehicle and be able to be deemed eligible to provide services by a Minnesota Department of Human Services Background Study.